Friday, 5 December 2014
Final Evaluation
Overall I am fairly happy with the progress that I have made throughout this project. I have learnt a variety of new skills that will be needed when working in film and television. I have also learnt how to work under somebody else’s design and concept, which is a key skill to have, especially when working in the industry.
To begin the research for this project I made sure that I had a clear understanding of Weimer Berlin. I found this subject really interesting, and I found that it really helped my understanding of my historical character. I felt that it helped me understand the situation that a lot of people had to live in, so I could really understand what my character was going through at this point.
When creating my makeup and hair design, I made sure that I went into a lot of detail with the scene that I chose. This enabled me to fully understand what emotions my character would be feeling, which helped decide what makeup and hair design I chose.
To prepare for the assessment I swapped designs with my partner before, and we made sure that we practised both our makeup and hair designs before the assessment, to ensure that we were fully prepared. A difficulty which I had with my partners design was the eyebrow blocking. She taught me a technique to use, and when practising it went well but I feel that on the assessment I could have covered them a lot better.
I particularly enjoyed creating my contemporary character, as I feel that it enabled me to use more of a variety of hair and makeup techniques, and pushed my skills further. When creating the hairstyle, I was originally going to frizz the whole of the back section of the models hair, although it was proving to be extremely time consuming. To overcome this, I had to crimp the bottom sections. I feel like this still worked, and the frizz on the top section covered this anyway so it worked well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment