Friday, 17 October 2014

Aquacolour Practical

Products:
· Aqua-colour palette
· A bowl of water
· Foundation, powder etc if creating a base.

Equipment:
· A variety of brushes – art brushes are best.
· Disposable sticks to scrape out the aquacolour.
· A palette to mix colours.

Technique:
· Either create a base on the face first or leave the face bare.
· Use the disposable sticks to scrape out the colours you have chosen onto your palette/hands.
· Use the brush to mix water into the colour to create a paint.
· Apply the colour onto the face creating lines and shapes.
· Repeat with each colour – ensuring that you use a different brush for each colour.
· Layer up the colours creating different lines, shapes and textures, to create an abstract type painting on the face.
· Fix the creation in place with fixing spray.

We did this practical to experiment with how the use of different lines, shapes, colours and textures on the face can manipulate the features on the face. 
On one side of the face I used lines and colours to emphazise the features - for example I put the darker shade of blue underneath the cheekbones to accentuate them. 

On this side of the face I have crossed the lines in different directions to make the face look odd. I have also put darker tones in areas where there should be light tones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment