Saturday, 25 October 2014

Chosen Scene

Act One - Scene Seven 

I have chosen to recreate Fraulein Kost in the scene where she returns home with a German sailor, when Fraulein Schneider comes out of her room to confront her. 

"The room is furnished with dull and heavy furniture. Ther is a sofa with an end table. There is also an old gramophone. 
Upstage are doors that lead from the living room to the private rooms of Cliff, Herr Schultz and Fraulein Kost. Another door leads to Fraulein Schneider's bedroom. Off the living room is a hallway leading to the main door of the flat. 
As the lights come up, Fraulein Kost is entering from the hallway with Second German Sailor. He pinches her, and she screams. 
Fraulein Schneider quickly emerges from her bedroom. 
She is all dressed up. She is also furious."

I found that there wasn't a lot of scenes that included Fraulein Kost to choose from, but I chose this scene because I think it shows her character well. It clearly shows that she is so desperate for money that she is turning to prostitution to earn a living just to pay the rent. In the scene she says "No sailors, no rent. I move." This is saying that without sleeping with sailors for money - she has no other way of making money. This shows her desperation, and how her life is a mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment